• Breaking News

    Wednesday 2 August 2017

    Koena Mitra files a sexual harassment case with the Mumbai Police after getting obscene phone calls



    The caller even offered money after pestering Koena Mitra to spend a night with him.

    Just when actors are talking about facing and fighting sexual harassment, an actress becomes a victim to it. According to a reports in Midday, Koena Mitra, best known for her performance in Musafir, has filed a sexual harassment case with the Mumbai police. According to the statement, the actress received quite a few lewd phone calls from a man asking her to join him for a night out. The actress got around 40-50 phone calls over a week after which she decided to file a complaint. The man reportedly even offered her money and abused her on the phone call.
    The actress told India.com, “From July 24, I started getting calls from random numbers, many among them being Mumbai numbers too. They called me non-stop. I changed my handset too. Usually, I don’t take a call from an unknown number. But once I answered, he started talking nonsense and filth, it took me seconds to react. I was literally frozen. And after a few minutes, I was just angry and fired him. And after that, there was a marathon of calls. I was tired of answering the calls. A day later, he called again and I fired him and he abused me in Marathi.” (ALSO READ: “When the lift man touched my butt” – Akshay Kumar recalls a horrifying incident)
    A source told the tabloid, “We have booked the caller under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC and are investigating the case further.” Well, this won’t be the first time that a celebrity is being stalked and abused. Quite some time back, Shruti Haasan had also approached the Mumbai police after a stalker reached her apartment. We hope the police sort out this issue really soon. Recently, Akshay Kumar also opened up about facing sexual harassment years back.
    He told Mumbai Mirror, “When I was a child, my parents always encouraged me to speak to them frankly about everything. Whether it was discussing a sexual issue or inappropriate behaviour, I was asked to come home and talk frankly. When I was six, I was on my way to a neighbour’s house when the lift man touched my butt. I was really agitated and told my father about it. He filed a police complaint. Investigations revealed that the lift-man was a history-sheeter. The cops took action and the man was arrested.”
    Coming back to Koena, what are your thoughts on this? Tell us in the comments below and stay hooked with us for more.




    Article source:bollywoodlife.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Bollywood News

    Random Posts

    Television